SHB40216 Certificate IV
This qualification reflects the role of skilled senior hairdressers who use a range of highly developed sales, consultation and technical skills and knowledge to provide a broad range of hairdressing services to clients. These senior hairdressers provide specialist services in one or more areas including haircutting, design, colouring and complex colour correction, trichology and chemical reformation. They work independently and many hairdressers at this level provide technical leadership, training and support to team members. This qualification provides a pathway to work as a senior hairdresser in a salon environment, a freelance session stylist or a technical advisor in product companies. No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who have:
- Achieved a Certificate III in Hairdressing (or equivalent);
- At least one year post-qualification full time employment experience as a hairdresser in a salon environment where they have applied the skills and knowledge covered in the above (or equivalent) qualification.
Senior Hairdresser or Managerial role in Salon.
Qualification Code: SHB40216
CRICOS CODE: 091503A
Next intake date: all year round
11 units must be completed
- 2 core units
- 9 elective units, consisting of:
- 4 units from Group A
- 3 units from Group A or Group B
- 2 additional units from Group B, elsewhere in the SHB Training Package, or any other current Training Package or accredited course.
|SHBHTLS001 (C)||Provide technical leadership to hairdressing teams|
|SHBHTLS002 (C)||Research and use hairdressing trends to advance creative work|
|SHBHCLS006 (E)||Solve complex colour problems|
|SHBHCLS007 (E)||Enhance hair designs using creative colouring and lightening techniques|
|SHBHCUT008 (E)||Design and perform creative haircuts|
|SHBHDES004 (E)||Create classic long hair up-styles|
|BSBMKG413 (E)||Promote products and services|
|BSBWOR502 (E)||Lead and manage team effectiveness|
|SHBHTLS003 (E)||Work as a session stylist|
|TAEASS401 (E)||Plan assessment activities and processes|
|TAEDEL301 (E)||Provide work skill instruction|